The other day I was looking for ways to incorporate avocado into my recipes. I don’t normally like avocado, I think it’s more of a texture than a taste issue for me. My husband however, loves it. So I decided to browse Pinterest for ways to include avocado and came across some Avocado Cream Sauce. It was perfect. The consistency came out a little thicker than I thought it would but I think it’s because I used some genetically enhanced avocado because it was HUGE!
- 1 avocado chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup of no fat greek yogurt
- juice of one lime
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- chop up avocado and put into food processor or blender.
- add yogurt and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- add cilantro and salt to taste
Here is a photo of mine, but please excuse the pathetic look to it, the bowl was full and in two days it looked like this:
We used the last bit of this to make a chicken salad last night that has cranberries, pecans and cashews. Stay tuned and happy Monday!