Happy new year everyone! I apologize for the lack of posts and vow to make more this year. I took the last two weeks to relax with my husband as he had lots of time off which was wonderful! Because we spent the holidays lounging around, we found ourselves with a craving for sweet treats. I don’t usually buy treats when grocery shopping as we are trying to monitor calories and macros (this will be a post coming soon so stay tuned). I searched the internet and found a recipe for peanut butter cookies that did not include flour! Below are the ingredients and instructions for these cookies that only lasted 2 days:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter. I used Crazy Richards chunky which was good but I think just natural Skippy or Jiff would be better.
- 1 cup sugar. Some of you may not like sugar since it’s not as healthy and Stevia for baking is a great alternative. I used Dominos brown sugar here.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (so your cookies aren’t flat)
- 2 teaspoons of flax meal (optional but a great source of omega-3 and highly recommended).
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- spoon 1 tbsp of mixture onto cookie sheet.
- Push a fork into the dough to get the classic peanut butter cookie look.
- cook in oven between 10-15 min until golden brown.
- take out of oven and transfer to cooling rack *warning: since there is no flour I found the cookies broke apart a bit when transferring them so either be gentle or wait until they cool before transferring.